ยินดีต้อนรับคุณ, บุคคลทั่วไป กรุณา เข้าสู่ระบบ หรือ ลงทะเบียน
19-04-2024, 13:44
378,182 กระทู้ ใน 21,926 หัวข้อ โดย 9,412 สมาชิก
สมาชิกล่าสุด: MAN4U
ขบวนการเสรีไทยเว็บบอร์ด (รุ่นแรก)  |  ทั่วไป  |  สภากาแฟ  |  US couple arrested in Bangkok Film Festival graft probe 0 สมาชิก และ 1 บุคคลทั่วไป กำลังดูหัวข้อนี้
หน้า: [1]
US couple arrested in Bangkok Film Festival graft probe  (อ่าน 810 ครั้ง)
sleepless
ขาประจำขั้น 2
ออฟไลน์ ออฟไลน์

กระทู้: 525

Sleepless

« เมื่อ: 19-12-2007, 12:43 »

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - A Los Angeles-based businessman and his wife have been arrested for paying 1.7 million dollars in bribes to a Thailand government official for the right to manage the Bangkok International Film Festival, the Justice Department said Tuesday.

Gerald Green, 75, and his wife Patricia, 52, were arrested after a criminal complaint was filed in Los Angeles on December 7.

Investigators allege the couple conspired to pay more than 1.7 million dollars in bribes to a senior official with the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to win a film festival contract and other deals worth more than 10 million dollars.

A Justice Department statement said the Greens set up a company -- Film Festival Management -- in 2003 to bid for the rights to stage the Bangkok International Film Festival.

Between 2003 and 2007 the Greens allegedly funneled cash to the Thai tourism official who used the money to influence the awarding of the contracts for the film festival, which is run by the TAT.

The recipient of the alleged bribes was not identified in the Justice Department statement.

The Greens face up to 10 years in prison if convicted on all charges, the statement said.

The Bangkok International Film Festival is one of the biggest events of its kind in Asia and has been held annually since 2002

ภาพประกอบข่าว ใครเป็นใคร ดูกันเอาเองครับ

A group photo of 2005 Bangkok International Film Festival private dinner (L-R) Tourism Authority of Thailand Governor Juthamas Siriwan, actor Michael Douglas, Patricia Green of Festival Management Inc., Gerald Green the President of Festival Management, Inc., and director Joel Schumacher in Bangkok, in January 2005. Gerald Green and his wife Patricia have been arrested for paying 1.7 million dollars in bribes to a Thailand government official for the right to manage the festival, according to the Justice Department.

บันทึกการเข้า
drop
ขาประจำขั้น 2
ออฟไลน์ ออฟไลน์

กระทู้: 737

« ตอบ #1 เมื่อ: 19-12-2007, 12:56 »

บันทึกการเข้า

A  Few  Good  Men

Downey: What did we do wrong? We did nothing wrong.

Dawson: Yeah, we did. We were supposed to fight for the people who couldn't fight for themselves. We were supposed to fight for Will.

I  only  want  to  fight  for  my  country as  long as  I ' m alive. I  do nothing  wrong  .  The tyrant  is  still  the  tyrant, I  have  to  expel  them  in  every  step  of  life. When the  time  come,  the  tyrant   will  absolutely  extinguish. That  ‘ s  the   dharma  truth.
หน้า: [1]
    กระโดดไป: